It must be the colors/and the kids/that keep me alive.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This American Life

I did it. I finally did it. Today I mailed an idea for a show about knitting to the radio show This American Life. I adore Ira Glass and have been a regular listener of the show for a couple of years now. If you've never heard the show before, you can listen to their archived shows online. I recommend that you browse the favorites page.

Their website states that it takes over six months for the staff to reply to submissions, but I'm not too worried. Even if I never hear back or they pass on the idea, I will always have my fantasy of traveling to the studio and being interviewed by Ira himself. If you're a fellow knitter and would like to write your own letter about how knitting has changed your life, here are instructions on pitching an idea. Just do it! Maybe with strength in numbers, Ira will realize it's the best idea ever!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home